We are almost through the first quarter of the year and social media has been full of posts (some original others copied and pasted) around key predictions for the cyber security industry in 2019. In this episode of Stuart Talks Security we took the chance to catch up with Gary Hayslip, VP CISO at Webroot, to get his unique take on what should be front of mind for security leaders this year.
Here's just some of the key questions we asked Gary to explore:
- What are your key predictions for the cyber security in 2019?
- Are there any ridiculous predictions that you've seen that you simply don't buy into?
- If you had to pass on one New Year's resolution to the CISO community what would it be?
- What are the particular technology focus area's that CISO's should be keeping an eye on in 2019?
- What challenges are cloud adoption and the IoT throwing up for security leaders?
- Do you see AI as a threat or a potential opportunity for cyber security functions?
- What core traits do you look for when on-boarding talent into your team?
- Which roles do you find most challenging to hire for in your team?
- What advice would you give to aspiring CISO's looking to break into the role in 2019?#
- Do you feel any additional pressure being a CISO for a cyber security vendor?
- If you had to sum up cyber security in 2019 with just one word what word would you use?